Recover/remove micro sd memory card password: most of the times I hesitate to give my phone to my friends or other family members. It’s not that they will harm that device or corrupt the software basically I don’t want to share my personal information with anyone. So to overcome this problem I set password in my phone’s micro sd memory card. Unfortunately at the end of the day I forgot my password and it becomes difficult for me to access my stuff. So one should know some techniques to recover/remove password from micro sd memory card.
After much of research I found some best methods that can help you to recover/remove micro sd memory card password from your smartphones. All you need a memory card which is password locked and obviously you have forgotten the password. So, don’t hesitate to lock others memory card as you know you can recover the password easily.
In this post I will give you 3 methods to recover/remove password from micro sd memory card. You can adopt any of them. First method is common method and can be used without any software. Last two methods require some specific softwares to recover/remove your lost password. You are supposed to read all these methods carefully.
Method 1 to remove password in micro sd memory card:
This method is one of the most common and easiest method. You just need to format your memory card and its password will be removed automatically. I hope this method will work on Android, Windows, Symbian and all other major operating systems.
When you try to format your memory card it will ask for password. Type 0000 as default password and it will automatically remove all the data including the password. Well I am not sure whether this procedure is suitable for android or not but one can use it in Symbian.
NOTE: while trying to remove memory card password if you format it with default password 0000 all of your data will be removed. So this method is advisable only if you can afford to delete all your data.
Method 2: to recover/remove micro sd memory card password:
This method to recover your memory card password involves using a software called as FX Explorer software. This software can help you to extract your lost password in your computer.
- This procedure is applicable to Symbian operating system. Although Symbian is an old operating system but still this procedure is very effective in recovering your lost password. Alternatively you can use this method to recover/remove memory card password for android system also but still you need Symbian to perform the whole procedure.
- Insert your memory card into a Symbian phone. Usually Nokia phones uses Symbian operating system.
- Now download the software called FX Explorer from the link given below.
- Once you have downloaded the software in your Symbian operating system open the c drive and look for file name MMC store.
- Now transfer the MMCSTORE file to your computer.
- Now open the MMCSTORE file in your computer with the help of notepad.
- You can find the password at end of the file.
Hope this method will work for.
Method 3 to remove/recover password from micro sd memory card:
- This method also works on Symbian sets only.
- Download X-PLORE software by clicking on the link given below
- Download X-PLORE in your Symbian mobile (most commonly used in Nokia handsets).
- Now open X-PLORE and pass the value zero (0). Default value to open the control files.
- After that select show the system files.
- Now go to c:/sys/data/mmcstore
- Now you need to enable the HEX_VIEWER. You can do so by pressing 3.
- Once you press 3 you can see some values like TMSD02G (c??”?x???A?B?C?D?2?3) in third or fourth column.
- To recover the lost password simple remove the ? from this code and you will get the lost password.
For eg password from above code is ABCD23.
DOWNLOAD FXEXPLORER FROM HERE.
NOTE: USE THESE METHODS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO APPLICATION DEVELOPERS OR INFOCURSE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST OR DAMAGE OF YOUR DATA.
Hope these methods to recover/remove memory card password from micro sd memory card will work for you. Feel free to ask by commenting below
Thanks alot Rishabh!!!
I cannot open sys folder… pls help me
Which error are you getting..?
Rishabh, I own a Nokia Asha 200 phone and have accidently set a password on my memory card which I now do not recollect. My phone asks for a password now and does not let me access the data for the card. I cannot afford to lose the data in it. Please guide me on how to remove the password without losing the data in the card…
You can use FX EXPLORER method to recover the lost password. Just go through the article.
I have installed fxplorer and aloso xplore but in both of them I can’t find mmcstore path.There are only two options found when I opend both the apps.One is “predefgallery/” and the other is “predefjava/”. So plz help me…
Open Fexplorer >> open settings >> select show hidden files. I hope this will help you
im using nokia2690,..im nt abl to find mmc fldr in my phn ..n xplorere n fexploree are also nt working in my lappy of windw8.1 …its v.imp to remv passwrd..what should i do…plz hlp me..
If data is not important just format it.