After release of windows 8 Microsoft gets a new interface. Different start menu, tiles option is a completely new concept. Some like this interface some not. So this time Microsoft has come out with its new operating system.
Windows 8.1 is the new operating system from Microsoft Corporation.
Here are some key features of upcoming Windows 8.1.
- Start button: there is no start button in Windows 8.1 like Windows 8. Instead there is a small button on the left side of the start screen which shows all the applications and software list. When we right click on this button it shows a context menu which contains many useful softwares and services.
- Start screen: Tiles present in Windows 8 are of two sizes only. But in Windows 8.1 they are present in 4 sizes. So we can adjust more softwares on the start screen. There is option for changing the background also.
- Desktop: There were some major changes in Windows 8.1 start up. Now one can see desktop directly instead of tiles.
- Internet Explorer: Like windows 8 Windows 8.1 also has 2 Internet Explorer. But their version is upgraded to internet explorer 11.
- Search: Search option is divided in three different parts. But in Windows 8.1 there will be only one search option. One can search applications, files, folders, or web at the same place.
- Online Account: Windows 8.1 will always be connected to your internet account. But you have to enter Microsoft id a password. Some experts feel it a trouble.
- Windows Store: There is app store in Windows 8.1 where one can download variety of apps.
- Support: Windows 8.1 supports wireless printing and wireless display excellently. There is support for 3-D printers also.
Let’s see whether this new Interface will be loved by the users or not.
You can download preview edition for Windows 8 from here.