How to Install CyanogenMod ROM on Android Phone (Without Rooting): If you are one of those who like to experiment with their android devices, then you must be knowing about the complexity of installing a new Custom ROM. Well, if you are a newbie, then let me explain the process to you. To install a custom ROM, you need to first root your gadget.. then install the recovery.. and then finally flash the ROM on your android device. Also if in case, your android device is with locked bootloader, such as in case of HTC One or Nexus, then you have to first unlock the bootloader to start the process. Yet, after all this if anything goes wrong then it would be a perfect spoiler for your day.
And here comes the play of CyanogenMod folks. They have developed a new flexible installer app that can ease you up with the pretty much complicated process. Yeah!! if you desire to install CyanogenMod ROM, then you do not need to fall with the above crap steps. This app is the best, simple and quickest way to install a custom ROM without rooting or unlocking bootloader of your android device. So, I’m gonna share advantages, precautions and steps to install CyanogenMod ROM on Android Phone (Without Rooting) in this article.
#NOTE: This app is only available for Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1. It is also supported on some selected devices. You can check the list of supported devices from here.
Also Read: Solved: LG G3 most common problems and their fixes.
Advantages of installing CyanogenMod ROM on your Android Smartphone:
Below are some of the advantages of installing a custom ROM via CyanogenMod Installer:
- It is a secure, light footprint and bloat-free way to install a custom ROM.
- It is a customizable and open source.
- You do need to root or unlock bootloader to flash CyanogenMod ROM.
- It is user friendly and allows you to get back stock ROM easily.
Precautions to be taken before flashing CyanogenMod ROM:
Before I start explaining you the steps to install CyanogenMod Rom on android Phone, make sure you follow the below precautions:
- Always remember to backup your data. Prefer to make backup on a SD card rather than creating a recovery.
- Use a high quality USB data cable. Check your data cable before starting the process.
- Don’t interrupt or move the phone while the installing process is going on.
- Make sure you have fully charged your battery before starting the installation process.
- Do not use a USB hub. Always plug the cable directly into the port.
- Disable any antivirus software while the installation process continues.
Also Read: Best camera apps to turn your android phone camera into DSLR.
Steps to install CyanogenMod ROM on Android Phone:
Follow the below steps to install CyanogenMod ROM on your Android Phone.
- At first, download CyanogenMod Installer Android App by visiting http://get.cm/app from your android phone or by scanning the QR code on the installation page of CyanogenMod Website.
- Now, download CyanogenMod Installer PC app on your Windows PC.
- Now, open CyanogenMod android app and enable the USB Debugging mode on your android phone to get started.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. After that, connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable.Now, run the CynogenMod installer PC app on your system.
- Once your android phone gets detected by the installer, you will get entire details of your android device. Now, it will start downloading its goodies like CyanogenMod ROM and some recovery files for your android device.
- It would take some minutes to finish the process. After completion, you would see a new message on installer app i.e. “Everything is ready”.
- Then, click on the Install button at the app window. Now, the main flashing process will start on your android device.
#NOTE: During flashing of ROM, your android phone will turn ON and OFF automatically. So, do not worry and don’t disconnect your device from the system or else it would brick your android smartphone.
Also Read: 15 Best Android Apps Your Smartphone Must Have.
- When the whole process finishes, you would see a new message “Installation Complete” at Installer app window. Click on Exit.
- That’s it. You’re done. You have successfully installed CyanogenMod Rom on your Android Phone.
Also Read: How to find Contact details of Unknown Phone numbers – TRUE CALLER.
Having trouble in installing CyanogenMod ROM?
Go to this link for general and advanced troubleshooting for installing CyanogenMod ROM on Android Phone.
Also Read: How to lock applications, hide (files, images and videos) in android phones and tablets.
So, Friends! that’s it for now. I hope you like this article “How to Install CyanogenMod ROM on Android Phone (Without Rooting)“. If you have any query or problem, then feel free to contact me by commenting below. If you find this article helpful then do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus. For more such informative articles on Android, prefer SUBSCRIBING us or follow us on Facebook. Thank You. 🙂
I own micromax bolt a61. This device is not listed…that means i cannot flash this custom rom in my phone. Pls tell me how to know which custom rom will support my device if its available. Thank u.
Hii Aryan, I will soon upload an article for you. Please have patience till then. 🙂
Hi.. I am using a nexus 5 running on android L 5.0.1.. I had reached the ‘everything is ready’ stage, and then a message popped up saying ‘firmware not updated’ and the only option I was given was ‘exit’.. I am very keen to have the cyanogen Mod on my nexus 5..
How do I proceed. ??
You need to update your firmware. The minimum supported bootloader version for Nexus 5 is HHZ11k. Update your device’s firmware and bootloader using the 4.4.2 or later factory image https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#hammerhead
Could you also send a video link as to how to go about it.. I’d be grateful..
Read this article: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_hammerhead
When I start CyanogenMod s/w on my computer, it gets stuck on updating installer screen.
I have dedicated WiFi net & have downloaded big files before & after this. But this program just does not go ahead of this phase.