Are you suffering from slow speed in your uTorrent Client? Do you want to increase uTorrent Download Speed? Are you searching for tricks to increase uTorrent Download speed? Are you really aware of the hidden tricks to increase uTorrent download Speed?
If you are in search of any of the above questions, then you have come to the right place. I would be explaining about methods or tricks to increase uTorrent Download speed in this in-depth tutorial on Torrent.
If you want to know about uTorrent, then below is a brief description about it…
What is uTorrent?
uTorrent, commonly known as µTorrent, is a free closed source BitTorrent client. It is a very popular torrent client developed by the BitTorrent Inc. uTorrent is a very light software used to download files from a peer-to-peer network from their official site. The reason why µTorrent uses the acronym as ‘µ’ is to depict the SI prefix “micro”, which means “one-millionth” as it has very small memory footprint i.e. it is developed to use minimum computer resources while offering functionality comparable to larger BitTorrent clients like Vuze or BitComet. uTorrent has received consistent positive by people all around the world but it is often criticized for its piracy content. It is compatible in almost all major platforms like Windows, Mac OS X and android. People generally use uTorrent to download movies, games, episode videos, softwares, etc.
If you are suffering from slow speed in your uTorrent, then here are some of the verified tricks to increase utorrent download speed. But before moving forward to the tricks, read the below points carefully.
Informative Points on uTorrent:
- Please note that, via using the below tricks, you can increase uTorrent download speed to the maximum bandwidth offered by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) but you cannot overreach it.
- The bandwidth offered by your ISP is in bits and torrent show you speed in bytes. So, if you are offered with a bandwidth speed of 1 Mbps (1024 Kbps), then your max download speed in torrent will be around 128 KBps. (Fact: 1 Byte = 8 bits, Kbps = Kilobits per second, KBps = Kilobytes per second).
- Prefer to use a torrent link which has the most no. of seeders as compared to its leechers.
- When you download a file from torrent, it is uploaded at the same time (seeded) too. This uploading (seeding) of file affect the uTorrent downloading speed.
How to Increase uTorrent Download Speed – Verified Tricks:
Follow the below steps to increase uTorrent Download speed.
- At first, make sure you are using the latest version of µTorrent. Download the latest version of µTorrent from here.
- After installing latest uTorrent client, open it. Now, go to Options and select Preferences or you can simply use the shortcut key Ctrl + P.
- Now, you need to tweak the following settings one by one.
Connection, Bandwidth, BitTorrent, Queueing and Advanced Settings
- Click on Connection settings at your left side. Now, mark a tick on “Enable UPnP port Mapping” and enter random ports value to 45682. Click on Apply.
- Now, click on Bandwidth settings. Now, set “Maximum Upload Rate (KB/s)” as 0. It will make sure to upload the least amount of data, thus increasing uTorrent download speed. Now, change the values of Maximum no. of global connections, Maximum no. of Peers connected and Number of upload slots per torrent as per the below screenshot and then click on Apply.
- Now, click on BitTorrent settings. Here, you will see a Protocol Encryption tab. Under it, scroll the drop down menu of Outgoing and select “Enabled“. Click on Apply.
- Now, click on Queuing settings. Change “Maximum number of active downloads” to 1 and click on Apply. It would allow allow only a maximum of 1 torrent download at a time, thus giving all possible bandwidth to it.
- Now, click on Advanced settings. Change bt.allow _same_ip_change value from False to True. Change bt.connect_speed value from 7 to 130. Change dht.rate from -1 to 2. Change gui.show_nontorrents_nodes from True to False. Change net.max_halfopen from 100 to 200. Change rss.update_interval from 15 t 20.
Steps to Follow when you load a torrent file to increase uTorrent Download speed:
Follow the below steps when you load a torrent file to increase uTorrent download speed.
- Right click on the torrent download and select Properties.
- Copy Trackers URL from General tab.
- Paste the Tracker URL into Web Seeds text area under Advanced tab and click on OK.
- Now, again click on the torrent download and select Properties. Now navigate to Bandwidth allocation and select High.
That’s it. You’re done. You will now notice that you have successfully Increased uTorrent Download Speed.
- Sometimes, torrent is blacklisted by many Internet Service Providers (ISP). Therefore, they cap the speed of torrent download from the server itself. Therefore, these tricks would not help in such cases.
- In some cases, it is seen that these tricks have decreased their torrent download speed sue to conflict of various parameters. In such cases, change your Torrent settings to it’s default settings.
Alternate Method to Increase uTorrent Download Speed:
If the above method did not increase uTorrent Download speed in your case, then you can download torrent files from IDM. To know how to do it, read this article: How to Download Torrent Files from IDM for Free – 5 Best Sites (Torrent to IDM).
That’s it for now, friends!! I hope you liked this article “How to Increase uTorrent Download Speed – Verified Tricks“. If you have any problem or have any query related to this article, then feel free to contact me by commenting below. If this article has helped you to Increase uTorrent Download Speed, then return us the favor by sharing it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus. For more such interesting articles, follow us on Facebook or prefer SUBSCRIBING us. Thank You. 🙂