How to recover files infected by Shortcut virus from USB Pen drive: Many a times, people complain about the below problems-
“The folders in my pen drive are changed to shortcut files.”
“I cannot access data files in USB Pen drive and hard drives”
“The used space in my USB Pen drive is full but I cannot access the files.”
Many people suffer from these problems and thus result in losing the essential data files. Sometimes, it may happen that you have saved some important data in your pen drive but they are not accessible!! as you see some shortcuts with same file name. Till the time you try to figure it out, the original data is gone. You know your device is infected by virus but cannot do anything and thus format the USB Pen drive. This results in losing the important data. So, in this article I will teach you how to recover files infected by Shortcut virus from USB Pen drive.
Methods to recover files infected by Shortcut virus from USB Pen drive/hard drives:
- Press Windows + R button. This will open RUN window.
- Type cmd and press ENTER.
- The Command Prompt window will appear on your screen.
- Turn your Caps lock ON.
- Type the following command in the Command Prompt window:- ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D G:/
NOTE: G:/ is the drive letter of your Pen drive. If you USB has another drive letter then replace G:/ with that drive letter.
- Press ENTER.
- You are done!! Check your USB Pen drive. You have recovered files infected by Shortcut virus from USB Pen drive.
- Copy all the files to your hard drives and format the pen drive. The virus will be removed after formatting.
- Open MY COMPUTER. Go to TOOLS at the top as shown in the below picture. Select FOLDER OPTIONS.
- A new window will pop up on your screen. Go to VIEW tab.
- Choose the option ”Show Hidden files and folders” and uncheck the boxes before ”Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”.
- Now open your pen drive. All your data will be visible.
- You are done!! you have recovered files infected by Shortcut virus from USB Pen drive but for this method you need to keep these settings intake as the files has become operating system files.