Windows 8 is one of the latest OS from Microsoft Corporation that has a totally new interface. It is absolutely different from its earlier version of Windows. In fact, Windows 8 has introduced a new tile like display with exclusively new app features. Microsoft has also removed its classic start menu option in Windows 8. So, all in all, with the fast and quick booting service, many users are appreciating Windows 8 but still a large proportion of people are finding it difficult to use it. One of the few problems that people face in Windows 8 is – How to change User Account Picture in Windows 8.
Unlike previous versions of Windows, Windows 8 does not come with a set of built-in images that can be used as your user account picture. Neither the User settings in control panel can be used to change your Account Picture in Windows 8. Rather Windows 8 gives you a real touch and allows you to select an existing picture from your computer or take a selfie through your web cam. In this article, you will get a step-by-step guide to change your user account picture in Windows 8 in three different ways.
How to Change Your User Account Picture in Windows 8:
1. Change User Account Picture in Windows 8 from the Start Screen:
- Go to your start screen in Windows 8 by pressing Windows button in your keyboard. Click on your account name at the top right of your screen. Right click on it and press “Change Account Picture”.
- A new tab of PC Settings will appear on your screen as shown in the below image.
- Click on “Browse”. A new window will appear on your screen as shown in the below image.
- Click on “Files”. Select the picture which you want to be your user account picture from your hard drive.
- That’s it. You are done. Your user account picture has been changed and saved in Windows 8.
* Change User account Picture in Windows 8 via Webcam:
If you do not wish to use an existing picture then you can click one via webcam. To do this, click on the ‘Camera’ option on the account Picture settings as shown in the below image. It would open your camera window. Set the picture and click it. You can also use ‘Timer’ option to get yourself positioned well. Once the picture is clicked, crop the portion of the image you want to use as your user account picture.
Important: While clicking picture via webcam, do not keep yourself close to your PC. Windows 8 uses only a portion of the clicked image. Hence, farther you are, more you will be in the picture.
2. Change User Account Picture in Windows 8 from the Settings Menu:
- Open Charms bar by moving your cursor to the left of your screen in Windows 8. Then, Click on settings. Select “Change PC settings” as shown in the below image.
- A new tab will open on your screen. Select “Personalize”. Then click on “Account Picture”.
- Browse an image from your hard disk or click one from your webcam.
- That’s it. You are done. Your user account picture has been changed in Windows 8.
3. Change User Account Picture in Windows 8 via Online:
You can also change your User Account Picture in Windows 8 via Online. But you need to at first create a Microsoft account. Then you can sync the settings in your Windows 8 PC. The steps to change User Account Picture in Windows via Online are given below:
- Log in to your Microsoft account. If you do not have a Microsoft account then get yourself registered to Microsoft. It’s free and easy.
- Go to Your Profile. Select “Change Picture” option under your present display picture.
- Upload an image which you want to be your account Picture in Windows 8. Crop it as per your need and save it.
- That’s it. You are done. Your Microsoft account settings will be synchronized to your Windows 8 PC and your account picture would be changed.
I hope you like this article and find it helpful to change your User Account Picture in Windows 8. If you have any query or problem related to windows 8 feel free to contact me. I will surely help you. 😉 Just return us the favour by sharing this article with your friends via Facebook, twitter or Google+. Thank You. 🙂